12/02/2008

Back... but still I'm lazy...

I finally started my job in a new company...

Well let me tell you how my 1st day went...

I woke up at freaking 6.30am to take my bath, wash my face, dress myself nicely and presentably (not sure got such word or not??) before waking up my boyboy to fetch me to the nearest LRT which is Taman Jaya.

We reach Taman Jaya LRT station at 7.35am and I use my Touch 'N Go card to enter myself into the station. I went up to wait for the train and was quite surprised that they're queueing up while waiting for the train. It's a good thing though that they're being polite and all...

So when the train arrived, as usual, the train is packed with people and thank god that it's morning!!! Why you asked?? Well usually during morning there won't be MUCH of those ermm... "weird" smells of sweats and erm... from the armpits... :P

So I reached Ampang Park LRT station at 8.15am and was calculating my time for me to walk over to Menara Citibank and to get my ass into the office. It took me about an hour for me to reach INSIDE the office and this shows that I can leave my house latest by 7.30am. If not, I'll be late for sure...

So when I reached, the HR manager asked if I'll be attending their Annual Dinner which falls on the 12th of December. As I was thinking that it'll be a good chance for me to meet all of my new colleagues, I agreed to go and she asked me to take a tag from a small paper bag for some lucky draw.

I took and the number is 3680 (4D anyone?? :D). I'll only know if I won anything on the 12th... so I guess I'll have to see if I'll be lucky?

Then she took a picture of me to announce to the new colleagues of mine that I'm joining their company and to let them know how my monkey face look like. :P

She then showed me to my place.............


My cubicle.. very very spacious and I love it!! I love the chair too!!! :D

..... and pass me an extremely big Dell bag which contains a 100% new Dell laptop. It's freaking heavy!! But well... it's for me to work, so I can't complain.. :P


My 15' Dell Latitude D830 company laptop with Dell Optical Mouse...


I found that this new company damn support Dell products. Everything also Dell.. for example, laptops, desktops, projectors and etc. Guess they got an agreement with Dell... though I can't complain as it's for me to use for free... :P

After that, she gave me a few leaflets and brouchers and a book with the company's 25 years of history and etc....

L to R: Company magz, 25 years Company's History book and Company's aim for 2008.

After that, I got the company's note book and it's very useful for me. I like to jot down notes here and then... :D

The Company's note book...

So last but not least...

The Company's tshirt!! It's cool!! Simple and nice!! :D

After that, promptly at 9am, I went into the meeting room to start attending the training I'm supposed to go for 2 weeks... So... kinda like... got a 2 weeks "honeymoon" period for me with the company... after that... the REAL deal begins!!!

WISH ME LUCK!!! :D

8 blahs:

** JT ** said...

jeezz...u have ur OWN CUBICLE!! damn lucky!! & is so spacious!! wth! u r damn lucky!! see buay SYOK!! i oni hv ONCE in HOUSTON! i miss Houston!!
eh u can start bringing ur pix, mirror, cup, makeup, bla bla there to DECORATE! hahahaha....

Huei said...

nice!!!!! i like ur space! wish i had that hereeee >.<

GOOD LUCK!!! =D

julieann said...

** JT **,
yeah shiok hor?!?! i really like my cubicle!! hope that it's my permanent place liao!! muahahahaha!! Oh!! I'll start decorating.. tunggu tunggu!!!

Huei,
hmmm... request from your boss?? said got ur own cubicle would have more "ling gam" to write stuff!! hehehehe...

THANKS!!!!!!!!

L1nG L1nG said...

Good luckkkkkkkkk with your new job!!!

Unknown said...

really spacious woh... can store lots of food for 'ling gam'... :D

julieann said...

L1nG L1nG,
THANKSSSS!!!!!!!!

mrkts,
hmmm... i havent buy anything yet and havent go and decorate it yet... will decorate it once i've "familiarized" with the "environment"... :D

zoophobia said...

kekeke.. my first day at work was tuesday ... a few days earlier than you nia.. and i felt the same thing, my cubicle damn nice and spacious!! i think i know why.. obtech's damn kiam siap.. give us sikit sikit space only.. no life la.. kakakaka.. tell u ah.. my cubicle now is at least 3 times nicer than obtech's!! for that i'm sooo happy!!

eh... all the best for you ya... enjoy ur honeymoon!! and most important of all... be happy...

julieann said...

darth v,
oei!! how come suddenly change name?!?! i tot siapa pulak!!
anyway, yeah... i agree obtech veli kiam siap.. hahahahahaha!! and yeah, still enjoying my honeymoon!! hope u get to enjoy too!! ei take some pics of ur new office cubicle lah!!!!!!! u also another kiamsiap 1!!!