12/26/2008

8 years... and counting....

It's been 8 years we've been together.....

I found that time flies and the 8 years just flew by without me knowing. A lot of people said it's been very long for a couple to "paktor" and it's time to "upped" the status to "married".

Seriously, yes that "up"-ing our status to "married" its been on our mind lately as my sis is getting married next year (which is real soon!!!!!). It's been on our mind ever since he went to the US... and even after he came back...

To be frank, I know the both of us are not ready to be married yet. I guess we're still enjoying our..... some sorta "single" life even though we're very attached to each other. Or maybe I'm not ready to NOT receiving any angpao's yet!! muahahahahaha!!!

Some people told me that 8 years is a very very long time for "paktor" and don't drag it. Well... we're not dragging or anything, we're just not so prepared to be married yet...

Even some people said that 8 years "paktor" is no longer considered as "paktor"... It's more like we're getting used to being with each other and it's not love anymore... in fact, its some sort like a habit... Seriously, I really really don't agree with that statement. For SOME PEOPLE, it might be considered as a "habit", but for me, it's still very much love in there... and it kept growing every single day...

Ever since he came back from the US, I found that we're even more attached to each other... It's been roughly 3 or 4 months since he came back and almost every single day of that 3 to 4 months we're together day (well not day as I'll be working...) and night...

Until recently, I found that I'll feel "empty" when he's back to his own house instead of being at mine. Even for a day, I found that I miss him.......... a lot!!! When I think back, I wasn't like that last time... I'll treat it as normal even though we didnt see each other for 3 days straight... but this time, even for a day he's not with me, I found that I miss him a lot!!

I'm not sure if I've changed to become a "sticky" kinda gf but... seriously... I do miss him. Imagine, ever since he came back, every morning, I'll kiss his cheek and said "I'm off to work lo"... or he'll fetch me to work, and then I'll kiss his cheek before I got off the car... Then at night, before we goes to sleep, I'll kiss him on the cheek and whisper "Night night ah bee.."

Sighh... It's sweet isn't it? Even though he didnt kissed me back, I don't mind at all... OK sometimes I DO mind but... some stuff are give and take... Kiss wasn't returned is OK.. but love isn't returned, it's a big problem!! And lucky me, I found that I'm being loved and cared for deeply... even after 8 years... :D

Anyhow, for those who kept asking me, when am I getting married?? Seriously, I don't have an answer to that. I will just say the day will come... soon or not... I'm not sure... it depends on WHEN he gonna propose to me... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Hey it's just a once-in-a-lifetime thingy, of course I would want a proposal from him (see this ah bee?? :P) ... :D

I believe... with our love for each other keeps growing every single day... there'll be more 8 years to come!!! :D


P/S: I suddenly miss my long hair very very much!!! T_T

7 blahs:

L1nG L1nG said...

WOW!!! 8 years!!! Double of mine =P
May I wish you more n more n more 8 years anniversary in the future =P

Anonymous said...

congrats on the EIGHT years! well...if u wanna write those mushy mushy thingie...plz dun WRITE here la! so geeeeliiiii~~

Pearlz Tanzie said...

Wahh..already 8years..but it is very true nothing to rush for.. marriage is all about both of you..
Haha..perhaps you may consider to break my parents record..
They dated for around 10years before married..i guess la..
Cheerios..=)

julieann said...

L1ng L1ng,
THANKS!!!!

JT,
ha mik?? this is gua punya blog wat!! :P

Pearlzie Tanzie,
yeah it's like it just flew past!! hahahaha... wah i didnt know ur parents paktor for 10yrs oni get married!! geng!!! i wonder if HE will wanna wait till 10yrs oni married or not.. hahahahahaha!!!

Huei said...

u'll have LOADS more 8 years!!

and i agree! being together is not a habit, not when u're truly in love with someone!!! =D

julieann said...

Huei,
THANKIUUUU!!!!! and yes!! i totally agree!! those said it's a habit means they're not in love!! :D

~ vEnUs ~ said...

Awww, so loving...

True love will always prevails. Wish both of you more more years to come...

Cherish the moment.. :D