2/10/2009

CNY - Day 2 onwards...

Day 2
******

On the 2nd day of CNY, I'm preparing myself to go visit my boyboy's grandma's house.. As I know they're gonna be late and the weather gonna be freaking hot, I decided to wear something red with jeans... somewhat casual lah...

Really casual... :P

After his grandma house, his 4th aunt invited us all to her new house in DESAPARKCITY!!!!! Yes.. his 4th aunt married a rich husband which, luckily, the husband really sayang and love her a lot. You can really see from his actions and eyes baybeh!!!

Anyhow, they just moved in and also... the hubby also just got the title "Dato"... so automatically, the aunt got the "Datin" title lah... though they got such title, lucky that they're not too lansi type.. (Not as lansi as CALVIN LU lah!! MUAHAHAHAHAA)

My boyboy and his cousin wearing a traditional chinese shirt!! COOL!!!

Day 3
******

Back to work... TT_TT

What's worst, I got sick!!!!!!! TTT_TTT I'm starting to have a flu, cough and the worst is... SORE THROAT!!!!!! I hate sore throat!!! Everytime I got a sore throat, I'll definitely got a fever........

Which by the end of the day, I really got a fever and a terrible headache... TTT_TTT

Day 4 & 5
**********


Although sick, I still accompany mom to my granny's house for a visit and.............. gambling.. :P

Which I losts... TT_TT

Day 6
******


This is the day where my mom's side of the family decided to go each and everyone's of their brothers and sisters house to "bai nin"...

Me camwhore with boyboy which he refuse to pose!!! Damn bad lo!!!

When we got to our granny's house to gather up, I took some time to take pic of some cuties, leng chai and leng luis pics!!

Baby Cheryl acting cute with her "ber kor"...

My lenglui Godsis, Faye, and my lengchai Godbro, TWJ...

Me camwhore with baby Cheryl who's busy eating "bak gua"... :P

Me camwhore with Shaun, Pearly and my sis... Cute lehhhh... :P

When we're at my Kaima's house, my godbro got Wii and they decided to play a while of BOXING!!! Which I tell u, is an EXTREMELY tiring game!!!

Good luck to their arms!!!

Shaun trying to beat his opponent.....

... which is my cousin bro, Hup, who then complain his arm pain!!! KAKAKAKAKA!!!

As we need to head to our "ber yee" house, I have to ride at Pearly's car as they didn't know the way to my beryee's house. Since my godbro need to follow our car, he said that he need to pump petrol 1st...

I then realized that, for a lengchai to pump petrol.. there must be ONLY ONE WAY to pump... which is.......................

Must pose nicely as if there's a bunch of papparazi watching u!!! :P

Day 7
*******


Most of us went over to grandma's house to gamble our money away... I forgot if I won or lost... hahahahaha...

Day 8
******


It's "bai tian gong" day, so we're required to gather at my grandma's house at night for the prayers...

As the prayers can only start at 12am, in between the time, again we gamble our money away.. as this is the only time we could gamble... And I think I won oni RM5 bucks... T_T

Preparing all the necessity for "bai tian gong" prayers...

This is the "back view" of it...

You can see there's a lot of food being prepared!!!

Grandpa started the prayers...

The rest of us preparing to pray...

After my grandpa, you can see there's a lot of ways to pray "tian gong"... There are...

Couple style praying....

... while the rest waiting for their turn... there's a lot of us!!!

Mama and son style of praying...

Mama, son and daughter style of praying.... I believe my beloved Uncle Alan are nearby... :)

Newly become papa and mama style praying...

Family style praying... There's 1 more bb but its a bit inconvinient to bring her along...

Papa, mama and sleeping daughter style praying...

Last but not least...........

Matching color t-shirt soon-to-be married couple style... :D

After all of us took our turn to pray, it's time to burn our offerings to the Gods...

Preparation to burn our offerings...

Started burning and you can see the fire is quite...... arrrr....... big??

The rest of us standing nearby to watch our offerings being burned... :P


As "bai tian gong" considered a very important day for Hokkien's people, some of them even let off some fireworks!!!

This is what I'm able to capture where my granny's nearby neighbour let off some terrific fireworks!!

It's so colorful!!!

Nice hor??

There goes RM500xxxxxxxx I think... :P

My godbro wanted to prove this is his offerings... and so his "signature" are there...

The biggest mandarin oranges I've ever seen!!!

Lil' David holding a piggy alike "kuih"... he's so cute!!!


So... That's it!! :D

6 blahs:

L1nG L1nG said...

Wow!!! Looks like you had a great CNY, besides the part you fall sick on the 3rd day =(

I played Wii boxing before!!! It is a very very very exhausting game I must say, wakakaka XD Anyway, my favourite is still Wii Tennis, wakakaka XD

julieann said...

L1ng L1ng,
Yup yup!!! it's fun that we could all gather up!!! Well fall sick... no choice lo... I must force myself to drink more water next time. :D

Yes Wii boxing is very very tiring!!! But it's good cuz u could toned up ur arm from that game. hahahahaha...

~ vEnUs ~ said...

Wahh!! You really had lots of activities during CNY. I tend to get sick during each CNY too. Maybe due to whatever we stuff into our mouth.. kakaka.. Take extra care ba.

Yeah, I played Wii Boxing and Tennis before. Well, I won but scream like mad while fighting cos my arms too painful. >_< I prefer the cheer leader games better.

julieann said...

~ vEnUs ~,
YEP!!! Every CNY definitely got lots of fun 1!! ehehehehe... Hey Wii got a game for cheerleading 1 meh?!?! wat izzit called?!?! i wanna play also!!!!!!

Huei said...

cool!!!!

hmm..i wana eat the kuihhhh!!! the "ang ku kuih" rite??

julieann said...

Huei,
Yup Yup!!! It's ang ku kuih!!! :D