9/12/2007

Ipoh Trip

Yup me went for a holiday again.. YAY!! hehehehe... Well me and my boyboy love to travel around for food, for scenaries, for shopping and for.... ermm... food!!! hehehehehe... So this time me and my boyboy went to take 2 days leave and off for Ipoh and Penang trip for... FOOD!!! hahahahah... ok dun ever... i mean it.. dun EVER comment on my waist line!!!

anyway, just enjoy some of pics i took while i'm on my trip loh!! hehehehehe...


Was bored silly with the almost 3 hours drive to ipoh on Saturday noon so I snap a pic of this waterfall which is quite "chun" during our way to Ipoh.. can't remember in which part of state in Malaysia i took though.. :-\


Then after that I'm still bored after my 15min nap while my boyboy is still driving.. but it seems that the highway view is quite soothing hoh?? hehehehe...


So... we've finally reached Ipoh and found a hotel for our 1 nite stay in Ipoh and to tell u hoh... the hotel i rent (YMCA) is not bad... though the room got some kinda smell but the air-cond is superb!! Even my boyboy who can "sleep without clothes on at Genting Highland" also said their air-cond is super cold!! Then our 1st stop is at a shop called FMS where it's been there since 1923!!! So imagine this shop is super old and its very very very popular with western food.. cooked by Hainanese ppl... So I ordered "Chicken Gordon Blue"... well the menu really spelled like that leh.. dun blame me hoh..

Then my boyboy ordered "Fish & Chips in Butter sauce" which taste... ermm... well... ehhh... well overall the food is OK lah... 'nuff said!

After that, we went back to hotel to take our rest as I mentioned to him b4, no rushing here and there for this trip as we've visited the "interesting" or "tourist" places b4 since we've been to Ipoh loads and loads of time... Then at nite we went for a dinner at a restaurant at Canning Garden called Mar Poh Restaurant where the food there is superb!!! the food is yummy and the price is super cheap!!!

Imagine, we ordered "Seafood Nyonya Pot", "Popular Chicken Marmite" and "Home-made Taufoo" with 2 soya bean and it cost less than RM30!!! So u say, cheap bor?? OF COZ SI BEH CHEAP LAR!!! Then after this, we went to Ipoh town to have some desserts (well paiseh lar.. no pics as I scared kena scold by the ppl there), where we went to those roadside stalls next to Sam Tet Secondary School.

Well by the time we finished our desserts its already 10.30pm, then we were still planning on eating supper.. OK LAHHHH... I know we kana geng chao at eating lar.. but since we're in Ipoh, we cant... i repeat we CANT miss the oh-so-popular "Lou Wong Nga Choi Kai" rite?!?!?!?! So off we went to order a bowl of "Hor Fun", 1 plate for 2 of "Ipoh Nga Choi", "Bak Kai" for 2 and a bowl of fishballs and pork balls... and *BURPPPPP* ooppss... 'scuse me... yes... it's EXTREMELY filling till I cant sleep till 3am... aiii... thats the price to pay for eating too full for 1 day... and I have to wake up at 6am for the dim sum... T_T

So yes... I woke up at 6am and reach "Foh San Restaurant" for their dim sum... Then imagine I reach this restaurant and most of the table is already been taken at 7am!!! IT'S FREAKING 7AM and got so many ppl eating dim sum ledi!!! sigh... Ipoh ppl really can wake up early huh?? Look at the pic, outside the sky is not even veli bright yet!! and my boyboy still a bit grouchy... :-p

Then I was too busy eating the delicious dim sum that I forgot to take the pics... hahahaha.. paiseh hah... but I managed to take this "Lin Yung Pao" which they cut it and makes it looks like a Lotus Flower.. and even the "bao pei" (pao skin) is also veli veli easy to peel!! If you look closely, you can see that the "bao" looks like got layers 1... so it really makes it looks like a flower 1 and it's SUPER YUMMY!!!

Then after breakfast, we went back to hotel to rest and check-out at 11am to continue our food journey to Ipoh town.. This time we went to "Kong Heng Restaurant" where it's popular with the yummy custard!!! This custard really is super yummy but it's a bit too sweet for me... but still.. it's yummy!! Almost every single person who eat there will definitely order this custard and it'll sold out mostly at 1.30pm to 2pm... Don't believe me? Go eat there once and u'll see every people will order 1 and then ta pao more than 5 custard out... geng chao leh...

This popiah is also veli yummy and it's slightly different from in KL... cuz the "sweet" sause they put it on the outside instead of on the inside but it's yummy too!!! hehehehee...


Then this is the pork satay where it is definitely a must-try food!!

My boyboy then order "Ipoh White Coffee" and look at the spoon... only can be found in Ipoh "Chu Kan Yuin"!!! well for direct translation it's called "Pigs Nerve Balls"... haahaha... well it sounds a bit disgusting but it's yummy!!! Another must-try food in Ipoh!!! :-D

OK this is the close up pics of the "Chu Kan Yuin" and it's really really very yummy 1! Last time I dun dare to eat this cuz it sounds disgusting but after the 1st bite... I FALL IN LOVE WITH IT!! So go try ok?!?!?!

Then after that, off we go to Penang for our next food exploration... hehehehee... and on the way out of Ipoh... I saw this... "TAIKO PROPERTIES SDN. BERHAD"... fuah lao!! Nowadays taiko also got do properties liao leh.... dun play-play ah!! hehehehehe...

5 blahs:

Jace said...

If i'm not mistaken, Gordon is human/place name. Very famous 1 :P

I tell u o.. Ipoh Dim sum is the best! + early early morning eat hot dimsum.. aiseh.... Got dabao for me or not o? >.<

I wan pork satay!!

Ju..u very geng cao! I really salute u!
U win liao... :(

julieann said...

jace,
Well I dunno why they put that name but normally it's called Cordon rite?? and I agree!! IPOH DIM SUM DA BEST!!! ermm... da bao in my stomach consider da bao bor?? hehehehehe...

and erm... salute me apasal??

Jace said...

i tot i was the makan queen.. But I will give the "makan champion" to u.

Chicken Gordon Blue is correct one.
Cordon chicken? Tak pernah eat :P

U dabao the dimsum in ur stomach ar? means..

Ipoh dimsum became SAI adi... -_-

julieann said...

jace,
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! wah u veli smart!!! maybe i should make another "sai" post hoh??? hahahahahaha...

Jace said...

sai post ar?
ok also. Better than no SAI rite?