10/18/2007

Family...

Today's topic again seems a bit emotional as........ I just attended a funeral last night.. though the relative of mine is not so close but I've at least seen him once a year... So every year I see him, he grew older and older... In the end, yesterday is the last day I can see him...

During the "paying respect to the late" gathering last night, I saw a few of my relatives where we didnt see much of them unless some "special" occasion like weddings or CNY or..... funeral... which is the last place I want to meet them there...

Though sometimes it is unavoidable that everyone will have to go to the "west" one day, sometimes it's quite hard to attend such "gathering" when you know you definitely will see sad faces, crying faces and etc...

Last night though, something hit me on the head.. I see a bunch of my grandma's sons & daughter with their respective wives and husbands and I saw that, though their bond is not so tight but they could really sit down and chat and go along with each other very good. Of course there are times when there are complains like "I hate her for not doing this this this.." or "She should have help this this this.." or "She's freaking lazy!!!". But at the end of the day, they'll forget bout all this complains and will still sit down and have a nice and enjoyable chat with each other...

Mind you, my grandma got 9 sons and daughters so imagine how "big" my family is... There I was wondering, when I grow old, will I be like them where we all could sit down and chat the day away or have fun together like cook together, eat together, do household together happily?

During my teenage years, my family is a very happy family.. there aren't many quarrels and there aren't much complains. I love it when it's CNY eve where there's reunion dinner preparation. All of my uncles and aunties will gather at my grandma's house to help out like.. the aunties will help on cooking, the girls will help on cleaning while the guy will mostly help on gardening or fetching the tables and prepare the seats and etc or they'll wash the cars OR... they'll just sit there and chit chat... aihhhh.... guys is always on da easy work...

Then there will be 4 to 5 tables at the car porch and we'll feast on the foods prepared by the aunties... I really really missed those days... for the past 2 to 3 years, I can say it's been a quiet reunion dinner.. gone is the noise of kids running around playing, gone is the mahjong shuffling, gone is the noise of those aunties/kids/uncles teasing each others... Well they still do chat or tease each other but it's not like before... sighhh... I really want my family to go back to "those days"...

3 blahs:

Jace said...

Time will not reverse. Appreciate every little moment we have right now.
*hugss*

Pearlz Tanzie said...

yup..same to here..
I do really missed those days..
By going through so many problems n obstacle in our family..
I really hope..
Every member of TAN family..
May really sat down n think back..
What really mean by a family..
We should appreciate the precious time we had right now for each others..
Live with no regret..

julieann said...

jace,
yup appreciating but sometimes really miss "those days"..

pearlz tanzie,
I would say some of us really really appreciate each of us in the family but some of them are in those "i dun care" attitude, so it hurts sometimes... and some even dun appreciate wat we've done for them... but wat the heck, they're wat they are and we can't changed them...