3/29/2009

My 1st REAL car...

Hmmm... I'm not saying the car I'm driving now is not REAL but erm... It's not entirely mine though... hahahahahah... And that car was actually my parent's car which I just pay the remaining 4years installment when I told them I needed a car for my part time studies after my work...

Anyway...

Yep... I bought a car... hehehehe... Although this time this car that I bought it's not under my name (again), but it is my decision to have this car, its gonna be paid full by me and it's my choice to have which number for the car number plates! :D :D :D

So how did I ends up buying a car....... The story goes like this...

My bro just came back from some place using my current car and told me this...

Bro: Eh sis, I think ur car got problem lah.. I think the car "leg" got problem...
Me: Sighhh.. When free I'll go fixed it...
Bro: Eh harlow, car "leg" cannot be fixed 1 lah...
Me: Huh?? Cannot 1 meh?? Why cannot??
Bro: It's car "leg" lehhhh... the whole thing... how to fix?? Siao sam pat...
Me: ......................

So then, I told my boyboy that I wanted to change my car before my current car suddenly "die" on me in the middle of the road.

I was kinda hyper on searching what car to buy that's within my budget and I told myself that since I love 4WD/SUV car, might as well get these cars since now there's a few in the market that's within my budget.

I asked around for the Toyota Rush and Nissan Grand Livina but it seems like most of the people I know support Nissan Grand Livina. I researched on the forum and EVEN forums people support Nissan Grand Livina.

At 1 point I almost decided to get the Grand Livina but after a certain period, I kept looking at the car and STILLLLLLL.... I really dun like the design ler... It's more for family car instead of for youngsters like me... KAKAKAAKAKAKA!!!

Still, I die die also wanted to test drive on Toyota Rush as I really love the car design and it's at least a SUV... I think... hehehehehehe!!! So I finally made a booking for test drive on this Toyota Rush and brought my bro + gf, my boyboy and my parents for the test drive.

But the test drive for this Toyota Rush is in the evening, so during the morning, me and my boyboy went to test drive for Honda City. I test drove for the full specs and my reviews on it are: -

Pro:
1. The car design is super nice!!! But that's when it's with their Modulo Sports Kit...
2. It's very comfortable when you sit in the car. There's just enough space for the driver to move around as well as for the passengers to do some stretching as there's enough room space even I pushed my driver seats to the far back.
3. For full specs, the back passengers seats can be reclined!!! It's damn comfy for long distance drive for the passengers!! I really love it!!
4. The steering wheel is Honda Civic's steering wheel and it's really looks good!! hahahaha...
5. Steering wheel for full spec is with Volume and Channel control and I love it!! :P
6. When I start driving the car, the steering wheel is quite "loose" for slow speed so it's easy to maneuver around.
7. For high speed driving it's really very comfy and it's suitable for those outstation driving.

Cons:
1. I really really don't like their "water repellent seats". I don't like to have my car seats that's a bit of "bulu bulu"(Malay) or "mou mou"(Canto) type. It tends to "charged" up your body with electricity and when you exit the car to close the car door, you'll end up being "electrify" by those "charges".
2. The car pick-up is really quite "char". When I press the oil pedal to speed up a bit, the car won't pickup immediately but it'll go up slowly... Which I think is because, like the salesman said, it'll change gear smoothly without you feeling it.. Yeah I really didn't feel anything when it pickup but if I were to overtake a car, that car driver will laugh at me for going so slow... Well at least it's slightly better than the previous 7-speed Honda City.
3. The salesman said it's very fuel efficient. He told me that for full tank of roughly RM75, it can go as far as 400++KM. Hmmm.. let's make it 450KM and I think it's not fuel efficient compared to the 7-speed Honda City. My sis 7-speed Honda City can go as far as 550KM for full tank leh... So this is called fuel efficient meh??
4. The salesman said I can't really hear the engine sound but when I pickup, or trying to pickup, I can hear the engine is like trying to drag the car lo... Can't hear very clearly like my current car but still the sound is there lo...

Anyhow, that's my review but overall, Honda City is really not bad geh and I don't mind getting Honda City... But if I were to change the seats to leather seats, to have tinted glass and also to have the Modulo Sports Kit, it's a bit over budget for me ler...........

Come evening, I went to test drive on Toyota Rush and the outcome is................

Pro:
1. It's high and I love high high car!!! KAAKAKAAKAKAKK!!!
2. There's enough space between the driver and the front passenger.
3. The car seats is not those "bulu bulu" type... :P

Cons: (Sighhh... a lot of cons actually...)
1. Interior design really not nice lah... Like Perodua Kembara kinda design nia...
2. They said can sit 7 ppl into the car... but the 1st row of passenger on the back seat, if it sit 3 person, 3 of them will be sticking to each other adi... So imagine my mom, my dad and my boyboy sitting on the same row... The 3 of them really is sticking to each other and they complained its not comfy at all!!! Sighhhhhhhh...
3. It's impossible to sit 2 person on the last row for the height of 5'5" and above. My bro haven't even sit at the back row and he adi knew it's not gonna fit...
4. The car pickup is sucker than Honda City lah... I press the pedal almost till the foot of the car adi and I can't feel the car is moving very much.. Sighhhh... Damn extremely under power lah..
5. It's a bit bumpy if you drive fast... the passenger definitely gonna have a complain from the beginning of the journey till you reach your destination...
6. I believe the petrol consumption gonna be sky high... the car is a bit on the heavy side even without the passenger and imagine how the car gonna be dragging with 7 passengers in it...

So ends up, I gave up hope on Toyota Rush... My dad then suggested I take Toyota Altis for 1.6cc since its just slightly above my budget. He believe I'm able to support that car and so, I asked Eric Leong to see what he thinks of his car. He of course is very satisfied with the car and said the petrol consumption is quite low for 1.8cc car.

The salesman said the maintenance for Toyota Altis is definitely higher than Toyota Vios. So he said if I'm worried about the maintenance, in the long run, Toyota Vios is better. He even told me that the 2nd hand value for Toyota Vios is definitely better than Toyota Altis. Hmmmmmm... So I'm still pondering... Toyota Altis or Vios??

After much calculations, I've decided to get myself a Toyota Vios. I think it's better to get a smaller car now and change to a bigger car later when I've my own family. At least I could save up now and in future, when my salary is higher (I hope it'll go higher!!!!!), I will be able to afford a bigger car more comfortably... financial wise of course... :D

So there and then, I took Toyota Vios full specs. It's a lot cheaper than Honda City because Toyota Vios is using DOHC engine compared to Honda City which is using only SOHC engine. So it definitely gonna be better than Honda City.

I don't need to pay for the tinted glass as the salesman said he'll do it for me for free!! YAYYYY!!!!! I don't need the Sports Kit as.... For me, it doesn't look any different with or without the Sports Kit on the Toyota Vios... hahahahahah...

I don't need to change the car seats to leather seats as it's not the "bulu bulu" type of seats!!! YAYYYYYY!!! So I can save up a lot on those 3 things leh!!! kakakakakakka!!!

But I hope I made the right choice of buying Toyota Vios... Did I???

6 blahs:

Calvin said...

congrats on getting ur new car! :D

Huei said...

YEAHH!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! hehehehe

it's a very very very nice car!!! =D

Calvin said...

yupe... very nice dugong inspired car :P

julieann said...

Calvin,
THANKS!!!! ei u jaga sikit... in future i'll see wat car u buy... i sure try my hardest to relate it to an animal 1!!!!!!!!

Huei,
THANKS!!!!!!! well i still prefer Honda City's design... but... oh well... nothing's perfect in this world... :P

Unknown said...

Pics please... hehehe. Congrats on your new car, I still using Proton Saga... hahaha

julieann said...

Kenny Ng,
HARRROOOWWWWWW~~~!!!!!!! Loooooonngggg time u tarak put comment in my blog!!! hahahahhaa... well for now tarak pics leh... belum dapat kereta yet!! once i get i for sure cam-whore kao kao with the car 1!!! u wait~~~ :D