4/30/2009

The Devil Wears Prada

Yep... I just watched this movie (more like, last night) and found this story very good.

Well this movie is actually about a girl who wanted to become a journalist in the Big Apple but unfortunately, she cant seems to get 1.

As she need to survive in the Big Apple city, whats with the very high cost of living, she just worked as an assistant for a fashion magazine boss when she found 1.

From the moment she reported herself to work, her life is fully dedicated to that ladyboss. Mind you, she didnt wanna give her entire 24hrs to that ladyboss but.. She just got no choice.

From then onwards, i found that her life looks very similar to my life when i'm still in Obtech. You see, most of you might have known how i hated my previous ladyboss, how she's being so unfair and all... But of course hers is so miserable and much worst compared to mine... hahahahaha...

Well i admit, i really didnt like her at all. But.. As time goes by, i found that i dont hate her anymore but................ I still dont like her. Hahaha.. It's just that, in this movie, there's a part where the journalist-wannabe-girl got SOOOOO frustrated with her ladyboss that she went and complain with a guy she's closest with in the company.

That guy, being worked with the ladyboss for dunno how many yrs, told AND scold her that she's not taking her job seriously. She's just there for the sake of work and not because she wanna expand in that field... In short, he's trying to say like, dont treat the job as a job, treat it like something interesting, work with passion, learn how to LOVE the job and etc.. And most importantly, there's 1 sentence from him that woke me up.. Its something like this..

"She's also just doing her job for being that way u know? She's the editor for this magazine! Her work gives hopes to people on decorating themselves, her work gives confidence to ppl with her ideas.."

Yeah, i do agree that she's also doing her job but somehow, at least once in awhile, gives some praises, gives some encouragement to her delegates its not so bad isnt it?

Anyhow, maybe those bosses shouldnt have done so, i dont know.. Maybe those bosses are afraid that if they give in 1-inch to their delegates, they'll want 1-mile.. I guess thats why i cant be a boss? cuz i'm not headstrong enuff?

Anyhow, no matter wat, i didnt wanna have a life where there's just work and no play. For me, i'm willing to work and give my 100% during weekdays, like mondays to fridays? But i definitely wouldnt want to work on weekends cuz i'm not a robot. I need my rest ya know?

Of course, if u want me to work on weekends once in awhile i'm ok but definitely NOT ALL the time!

Anyway, I'm glad that I've found a place where I'm comfortable and happy to work in and I hope it'll stay that way.. So, wish me luck!!!

0 blahs: